Population pyramid generator
The Population pyramid generator allows you to:
- generate a population pyramid for Medicare Locals (MLs), Statistical Local Areas (SLAs), Local Government Areas (LGAs), or Section of State (eg Sydney/ non-metropolitan NSW);
- compare two population pyramids, eg compare a ML (eg Eastern Sydney) to the Sydney metropolitan area (under Section of State); and
- build a snapshot (save image as a .png file) or print.
Population pyramid comparisons
Individual Population pyramid generators for any area listed above are available:
- comparing current populations, based on the 2011 Estimated Resident Population - the pyramids show 5 year age group data from 0-4 to 85+ years;
- comparing current populatons, based on the 2011 ERP, and projected populations, based on either the 2015, 2020 or 2015 Projected ERP - the pyramids show 5 year age group data from 0-4 to 85+ years; and
- comparing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous populations, based on the 2011 Census Usual Resident Population - the pyramids show 5 year age group data from 0-4 to 65+ years.
If you select Australia under the Select State/ Territory field, it will only link to the Section of State - if you wish to view population pyramid(s) for MLs, SLAs or LGAs, please select the relevant State/ Territory first.
Areas with populations below 100 have been excluded.
Tip: To get a clearer comparison, make the area of main interest the second choice.
View population pyramids
View the population pyramids for: